Good Sun is helping Bitney Charter School get closer to their goal of zero net energy with the installation of a 12kW rooftop solar PV system. We worked with local solar professionals and community members to provide the labor, design, and engineering for the project. The previous donation of used PV modules from Good Sun is currently being put to use in a demonstration solar PV lab, providing hands-on opportunities for students to learn about renewable energy and principles of sustainability in a classroom/lab setting.
- Number of LMI families impacted: 85 (60% below federal poverty level)
- Estimated annual utility savings for Bitney school: ~$6,000
- Lifetime Savings to School: >$150,000
- 34 Sunpower 350W solar modules + 2 SolarEdge inverters with monitoring
- Estimated FMV Project Cost: $57,000
- Actual project cost with Good Sun operations: $20,000
- Final cost to school: $0
Special thanks to:
- Josh & Tim from California Green Energy Construction for project support and PV installation labor, as well as providing much needed materials!
- Trevor Woessner for taking the lead as roof foreman!
- Oliver from California Solar Electric Company.
- Nate Rogers, and Luke Delgado.
- Eric Stikes from Byers Solar.
- Fabrizio Farina from Sunpower.
- Andrew Westerman from Tesla.
- David Bowman from Powerhouse Electric, for electrical installation labor and project management!
- Dan King from Integrative Roofing and Energy.
- Scott Young and Russ Jones from Bitney Prep High School for general project support and pitching in whenever, wherever!
Project Support – Thank you!
- California State – Proposition 39 funding
- U.S. Dept. of Energy – Sunshot Initiative, Solar In Your Community funding
- Caiman Engineering – Professional engineering services
- California Green Energy Construction – Labor & materials donation
- Byers Solar – Labor & materials donation
- Sierra Mountain Coffee Roasters – Breakfast catering
Special thanks to Neal Mitchell for donating a portion of the PV modules for the Solar Learning Lab!
Grass Valley, California, USA.
Eric Stikes, Founder – Good Sun Solar – firstname.lastname@example.org
Scott Young, Instructor – Bitney College Prep High School – email@example.com
Russ Jones, Director – Bitney College Prep High School – firstname.lastname@example.org